Thursday, October 17, 2013

                                                                                 ATTACK

              First off, when reading this article, I have an overwhelming sense of sadness. Even though I thought this article was very interesting because it came from the perspective of the people who were there during this heinous attack, I am still filled with profound sadness. I am sad because, obviously. when thinking about the fact that many innocent people were senselessly murdered, it is hard for me to come to grips with such an atrocity. I have always been proud to be an American but an event like this always makes me thankful that I live in America. As an American I do not have to worry about getting killed just because I may not share the same views as other people.

   Also, well reading this, I am also filled with concern. I am filled with concern because as far as I can tell there seems that there will always be some violent, extremists in the world who will persecute and kill people just for holding different views. Sadly, I am not smart enough  to figure out how to stop these extremists

1 comment:

  1. Are you talking about the attack in Kenya here? What makes an event like this sad in a way that differs, say, from deaths in our own country? Do you think that we perhaps fall too much into the trope of feeling sorry for the poor people of other countries who don't have "our resources"? Is there a way to sympathize without simplifying?

    ReplyDelete